We asked you to tell us about the most useful piece of advice you received from staff before you started your journey abroad. The answers make for a brilliant compendium of pre-departure tips. A summary of the most useful is provided below.
Whilst some students complained that they did not receive any help or relevant advice from their university before leaving for their studies, the majority had been given useful tips.
- Please make a note of the contact details of your country’s embassy and emergency contact numbers.
- Pack a document folder containing your
- Offer letter
- Confirmation of Enrollment(COE)
- Certified copies of existing academic transcripts and education documents
- Important contact numbers
- Pre-arranged accommodation and
- Important medical reports
- Login to Student Welcome Service and read through the orientation and pre-arrival advice
- Note the dates for both your International and Program Orientation.