ESC Rennes School of Business prepares through education and research, innovative and responsible managers to perform in a global environment. Such managers are responsible pioneers shaped and sharpened by multicultural contexts. They are “Global Responsible Pioneers.’’
The ESC Rennes School of Business, located in the heart of Brittany with a determinedly international orientation, aims to transmit its commitment to entrepreneurship and to sustainable development to current and future business leaders. Its teaching and research, firmly based on the notions of discovery, understanding, diversity and responsibility, are designed to prepare managers and entrepreneurs for globalization.
The world has become a “global village” where economies are closely interrelated, political, social and cultural dimensions tightly interwoven or openly confrontational. This brings considerable opportunities but also greater complexity. One “must prepare for the future by seeing what others cannot (…and) have others follow your direction when there is no map”.(1)
Management Schools have to face these new challenges, responding to companies needs, by educating and training students and managers to be the “Responsible Business Entrepreneurs” for tomorrow’s world.
For ESC Rennes School of Business, it has led to the development of 2 main priorities: Internationalisation and Innovation.
Programmes taught in English by an international full-time faculty, students coming from all over the world through exchange agreements or as non-exchange students, international research cooperation, programme development with international partners and international faculty exchange: all of these are key features of our school of management. As a consequence, managing diversity and “Being International” are embedded in our organisational culture and are directly experienced by everyone on campus.
Building new knowledge useful to companies through research, offering high value executive programmes, developing innovative teaching approaches, giving students opportunities to get hands on experience, using technology and multimedia resources make ESC Rennes a Business School of its own time and unique in France.
A key feature of ESC Rennes School of Business is the wide range of specialist Master programmes, which prepare graduates for rewarding international business careers.
Postgraduate teaching at ESC Rennes School of Business is focused upon extending and deepening students’ knowledge and developing their personal skills. The close relationship that ESC Rennes School of Business has developed with French and international companies ensures that our programmes correspond to the expectations of future employers.
Courses, Fee, Entry Criteria
|Courses/Programmes||Intakes||Total Fee||Advance Deposit||Entry Requirements|
|SPECIALISATION MASTER PROGRAMME|
|MSc IN INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING, MANAGEMENT CONTROL AND AUDITING||September||€13,000||50% advance and rest on enrolment||16 years with IELTS 6.5|
|MSc IN INTERNATIONAL FINANCE||September||€13,000||50% advance and rest on enrolment||16 years with IELTS 6.5|
|MSc IN INTERNATIONAL MARKETING||September||€13,000||50% advance and rest on enrolment||16 years with IELTS 6.5|
|MSc IN INTERNATIONAL LUXURY AND BRAND MANAGEMENT||September||€13,000||50% advance and rest on enrolment||16 years with IELTS 6.5|
|MSc IN INTERNATIONAL SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT||September||€13,000||50% advance and rest on enrolment||16 years with IELTS 6.5|
|CONVERSION MASTERS PROGRAMME|
|MSc IN GLOBAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT||September||€13,000||50% advance and rest on enrolment||16 years with IELTS 6.5|
|MSc IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS NEGOTIATION||September||€13,000||50% advance and rest on enrolment||16 years with IELTS 6.5|
|MSc IN INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT||September||€13,000||50% advance and rest on enrolment||16 years with IELTS 6.5|
|MSc IN SPORTS, LEISURE AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT||September||€13,000||50% advance and rest on enrolment||16 years with IELTS 6.5|
20 Hours Work Permission
during term time and Full Time during holidays
- ESC Rennes School of Business is located in Rennes, the capital city of Brittany, 2 hours from Paris by TGV fast train.
- All Masters programmes include 6 months paid internship along with degree
- ESC Rennes provide free language support for all of our International students
Note: Feel Free to Contact us for further details & process.
List of Programmes
|MASTER OF ARTS IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS (MAIB)|
|Specialisation Masters||Conversion Masters|
|MSc IN INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING, MANAGEMENT CONTROL AND AUDITING||MSc IN GLOBAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT|
|MSc IN INTERNATIONAL FINANCE||MSc IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS NEGOTIATION|
|MSc IN INTERNATIONAL MARKETING||MSc IN INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT|
|MSc IN INTERNATIONAL LUXURY AND BRAND MANAGEMENT||MSc IN SPORTS, LEISURE AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT|
|MSc IN INTERNATIONAL SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT|
The International Bachelor Programme in Management (IBPM) prepares students for all areas of business, with final year options to specialise in Finance, Marketing or Logistics.
As an IBPM student with 10 months’ hands-on practical business experience, you’ll be in a position to:
- build your managerial skill
- become an accomplished communicator and negotiator.
- understand the managerial challenges associated with responsible and sustainable development.
Language of instruction : French and English (1st and 2nd year), English (3rd year)
- Modules: September 2013 to May 2016
- Internship: 10 months of internship during the 3 year programme
- Modules: September 2013 to May 2014
- Internship: 8 weeks from June 2014 to August 2014
|1st year||2nd year|
|• High School Diploma or equivalent|
• English proficiency:
TOEFL > 49/50 IBT
or TOEIC > 500
or IELTS > 4.5
or native language: English
• French proficiency:
DELF > B2
or DALF > C1
or TCF TEF
or native language: French
|• Dip. H.E. in Management or equivalent (120 ECTS credits)|
• English proficiency:
TOEFL > 80 IBT
or TOEIC > 750
or IELTS > 6.5
or native language: E
Masters of Science :
- Modules: September 2013 to May 2014
- Internship: May 2014 to November 2014
- Graduating project: up to December 2014
Master of Arts :
- Modules: September 2013 to May 2014
- Research Dissertation: up to November 2014
Students applying for a Master programme at ESC Rennes School of Business must fully complete and send the application form including the following documents:
- full and official transcripts at your home institution
- a CV in English
- a letter of motivation in English
- a copy of your passport or identity card
- one identity photo
- recent Toefl / Toeic or equivalent results
2008 – 2009
Building expansion : + 5 000 m²
A research centre for Technology and Innovation Management (C-Tim)
Launching of the IBPM (International Bachelor Programme in Management)
EPAS accreditation for 5 years (Programme Grande Ecole)
Re-accreditation by the Open University
A research Centre for Responsible Business
A five year developement strategy plan (2007 – 2011)
Dr Olivier Aptel becomes Dean of ESC Rennes School of Business
Mr Bernard Angot is the new President of ESC Rennes School of Business
New strategic positioning: Group ESC Rennes becomes ESC Rennes School of Business
Launching of new postgraduate programmes: the Master of Science (MSc.)
Building expansion (10 000 m²) and deployment of the multimedia platform
10th anniversary of the school
Re-accreditation by the Open University
Setting up of a 5-year development plan
Joins the Chapter of Management Schools and the Conference of the Grandes Ecoles
1st French business school to obtain the ISO 9001 label certified by the AFAQ (French Association for the Certification of Quality Assurance)
Becomes member of the EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development)
Accreditation by the British Open University. ESC Rennes is authorised to award Anglo-Saxon qualifications: Master of Arts in International Business (MAIB) , Master in Business Administration (MBA), MPhil and PhD
Foundation of the school
France is one of the leading destinations in Europe, as more than 245,000 international students choose to study in the country every year. Studying at ESC Rennes School of Business is a wonderful means to discover the richness of French life, its culture and economy.
The French economy is based on h6 values: innovation and creativity, scientific and technological excellence. It is the world’s 6th largest economy in terms of exports and the 3rd largest economy in the world for international investments. France is famous for its technological achievements in such fields as aerospace, the very successful Ariane satellite-launching programmes, the world renowned Airbus planes, TGV superfast trains, chemical and petrochemical industries but also biotechnological and agri-business multinationals.
ESC Rennes School of Business is located in Rennes, the capital city of Brittany, 2 hours from Paris by TGV fast train. It is regarded by the national press as being one of the best places to live among France’s largest cities. With a population of 400 000, including 60,000 students, Rennes offers the full advantages of a large city while at the same time being convivial in size. You will benefit from a very attractive urban, sporting and cultural environment: modern sports facilities, cinemas, theatres, cultural centres, museums, libraries, restaurants and pubs.
Rennes sets the pace in Brittany’s regional development, benefiting from a dynamic economic environment: telecommunications, new technologies, tourism, transport, logistics and services
Code of Ethics
We, the leaders, academic staff, administrative staff and students of ESC Rennes School of Business, commit ourselves to act according to the following values and to be guided by mutual respect:
- We value integrity and live it by being open-minded, honest and hard-working.
- We respect diversity of cultural backgrounds and of individual characteristics.
- We value fairness, solidarity and team spirit.
- We practise tolerance and we support equitable treatment.
- We communicate respectfully with each other and with people outside the School.
- We provide an environment in which constructive opinions can be voiced and considered.
- We are transparent in our messages, activities and decisions.
- We take responsibility for our actions, for which we are accountable.
- We strive for excellence in our work, academic endeavour, teaching, research and management.
- We contribute to sustainable development by being innovative and entrepreneurial.
AWARENESS AND TRAINING
- We respect the ESC Rennes School of Business’s ethical charter
- We encourage our staff to use public transport by reimbursing 50% of their monthly subscriptions
- Once a year, the staff are invited to participate in a meeting organised to explain our environment awareness policy
- We are a partner of Global Compact
WASTE AND RECYCLING
- We organize the collection of office papers, newspapers and magazines for recycling
- We organize the collection of cardboard for recycling
- We organize the collection of glass for recycling
- We organize the collection of printer and photocopier ink cartridges for treatment and reconditioning
- We only use recycled paper or paper from sustainable forests
- We are committed to gradually decreasing the paper supports distributed in class
- We are committed to limiting the printing of posters for the school and the micro-companies to a maximum of 4 per event, and give preference to television ads
- We are committed to using our own cups instead of plastic cups in the coffee machines
- We are committed to default setting our printers to print in draft and on both sides
- We are committed to setting all our machines on an automatic stand-by mode
- We are committed to switching off the lights in our offices and classrooms on leaving
- We are committed to using only toilet paper and paper hand towels which carry an eco-label
- We are committed to using low consumption light bulbs as much as possible
- We are committed to including a ‘‘low energy consumption’’ specification when purchasing new material
- We favor the sale of ‘‘Fair Trade’’ coffee and chocolate in our cafeterias and coffee machines
- We are committed to working first and foremost with suppliers committed to an eco-responsible approach
- 2 802 students
- 1 725 students on the Grande Ecole Programme
- 468 international students
- 15 PhD students
- 72 permanent faculty representing 27 nationalities
- 82% of faculty actively involved in research
- more than 105 research publications since 2006
- EPAS accreditation in April 2008 for 5 years (Programme Grande Ecole)
- AACSB accredited in 2012
- Accreditation by the Open University
- The French Ministry of Education recognises the Grande Ecole Programme diploma as being of Masters level
- The European Commission has awarded ESC Rennes the Diploma Supplement Label.
- The ESC Rennes School of Business has been pronounced ‘eligible’ for both EQUIS accreditation.
- 85 main university partners
- 100% of students enrolled in the Grande Ecole Programme undertake a placement abroad
- 80% of international faculty born outside France, 25 nationalities
- 74 student nationalities
- 100% of courses in English at master level
- 72% of Grande Ecole Programme graduates are in jobs involving international business.
- 4 942 alumni in France and abroad
- 2 500 work placement offers a year
- 1 500 job offers a year
- 12 month work placements on average (Grande Ecole Programme)
- 53% of students are offered a job before finishing their studies
- Average salary after 5 years’ experience: 43 500 euros in France – 61 500 euros abroad
- Average salary after 10 years’ experience: 63 400 euros in France –110 000 euros abroad
- 15 000 m² campus, open 24 hours a day, 6 days a week
- 20 offices for the micro-businesses
- 18 000 books and 200 magazines (50% in English) in the library
- 4 000 journals on line from the main international databases on Management
- 20 lecture theatres, from 50 to 400 places
- 70 classrooms
- 2 sports halls
- 1 multimedia centre
- 1 language laboratory
- 1 trading room
France is situated west of Europe and is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Mediterranean and the English Channel. Countries bordering France are Belgium,
Luxemburg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Andorra and Spain. It covers a surface area of 543,965 km² and has more than 60 million inhabitants. The capital of France is Paris with nearly 10 million inhabitants. It is divided into 96 «departments» and 22 regions. (www.europa.eu.int, www.edufrance.fr).
Brittany is a multi-faceted region. Land and sea meet and live together in harmony. It is ranked as the most popular area to live in France! There are many interesting and cultural sites to be visited in Brittany, such as the seaside resort Dinard, the medieval town of Dinan and of course Saint Malo. The ‘magic’ forest of Brocéliande near Rennes is also a wonderful tourist attraction as well as the famous Mont Saint Michel. From Saint Malo, you can visit the islands of Guernsey
and Jersey by ferry (about 1 hour’s crossing). Further west of Brittany, in Carnac for example, you will find the famous megalith monuments. Brittany is also known for its culinary diversity; famous «galettes» or crêpes (thin pancakes made of
buckwheat flour for savoury dishes and wheat flour for dessert), seafood (especially oysters, fish) and typical desserts such as the «Far Breton» and the «Kouign
Amman». There are also special beverages such as cider and «chouchen» (a type of mead made from honey). For more information, visit the wikipedia
website: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brittany or www.brittanytourism.com.
Rennes is the capital of Brittany. Rennes has more than 200,000 habitants. About 40% are students. The city is classified as a city of art and history. In the old
centre, you will find many medieval houses. Rennes is also the meeting point of two rivers: the Ille and the Vilaine. This is also the name of the «department»: Ille-
et-Vilaine. As already mentioned, many students live in Rennes because of the numerous universities and Grandes Ecoles (prestigious third-level education schools) situated in the city. Rennes is regarded by the national press as being one of the best places to live among France’s largest cities (“L’Express”, June 2010). The main industries in and around Rennes are: automobile and automotive industries, agribusiness, tourism, telecommunications, engineering companies, service industries, etc. For more information:
The official language in France is French! In Brittany, there are two regional languages that have no official status as regards the State, although they are supported by the regional authorities within the strict constitutional limits. These languages Breton and Gallo, although not the main spoken language, are taught by several schools in Rennes and in Brittany. However do not worry; you will not be confronted by these regional languages. You will find that French people manage to speak English either «just a little» or quite fluently but are often rather shy about speaking a foreign language. Due to our dual nationality at ESC Rennes School of Business, the majority of people on campus speak English.
As most campuses in France, ESC Rennes School of Business does not have halls of residence and therefore all students registered at the school must rent private accommodation. The school and the Well’Come team can help students, if they wish, find accommodation for the duration of their stay in Rennes.
Accommodation in Rennes needs planning and reserving in advance as it is a university city with over 60,000 French and international students per year. Rents can vary enormously depending on the landlord, the location and the services and equipment provided. Students are therefore h6ly encouraged to reserve their accommodation as soon as possible after having been accepted.
Students are h6ly advised not to reserve temporary accommodation and look for more suitable housing once in Rennes as the choice of flats remaining in August/September will be limited (expensive, unfurnished, agency fees, far from the school or town centre etc). For more information, please consult the International Student Housing Guide 2012/2013 (http://www.esc-rennes.fr/index.php/en/school/international-students)
Admissions at ESC Rennes
“Unconditional offer” ESC Rennes School of Business does not need any further evidence that you have met the admissions requirements. For non-exchange students, do not forget to return the “Enrolment form” duly completed.
ESC Rennes School of Business needs further evidence of your qualifications. You will find these conditions in your acceptance letter (e.g. results of an exam, proof of obtaining your Bachelors degree, Toefl, Toeic or IELTS results). Please send
us these documents as soon as you have them or bring them with you during the official registration programme at the latest.
Arrival in Rennes
If you have not made previous arrangements to be met in Rennes by your landlord, buddy or the WellCome team, you may find the indications below useful.
At the Airport (Rennes-St. Jacques)
Take a taxi
(about 15€ to 30€ from the airport to the Centre of Rennes depending on the day and the time of day or night), or a bus (during the daytime only and they are only every hour).
At the train station
There are two exits at Rennes railway station, «Sortie Nord» (Northern Exit) and «Sortie Sud» (Southern Exit). To go towards the buses and town
centre, take the Sortie Nord. Taxis can be found at both exits.
Direct buses to go to the Centre of Rennes (bus stop: “République”)
– number 2, direction “Grand Quartier”, – number 11, direction “ZI Ouest/Stade Rennais”, – number 7, direction “République”. To come to ESC Rennes School of Business, take the 2, 11 or 7 (or metro), get off at the “République” stop and take the N° 4 bus direction “Beauregard”. ESC Rennes School of Business is
at the second-to-last stop “Préfecture” or take the metro as below:
Before you leave your country, make sure that you have taken out travel insurance with repatriation in case of serious health problems, accident etc. However, it is compulsory for all students to have student health insurance in France (see below).
Also, please read carefully the information sheet on health coverage as it is very important to be properly covered whilst in France. N.B. It is possible that students who apply for visas will be asked to take out repatriation insurance (including health insurance) by the French Embassy.
French law stipulates that all persons who rent ac-commodation must have civil responsibility and third party insurance at their address in Rennes; some property owners include this in their «rental package». If not, you can buy this with the LMDE or SMEBA or with your French bank (the BNP offers this insurance – see during the official registration period).
How can we help you?!
As your International Educational Advisors we want to provide the best service and support possible for our international students. We want to support you in any way that we can and make your transition and stay in France as smooth and seamless as possible.
We can help with academic questions about: Course and program planning, registration, policies and more. As well as non-academic support: Study visa etc.
You’re welcome to come see us for an appointment, a drop-in, email or call us!